Traditionally at this time of the year one would burn an Yule log in their fireplace. But what is one to do if they don’t have a Yule log? Substitute candles of course.
It really is a simple idea that makes a great centerpiece. And can be used year after year. Just remember that candles can catch other things on fire so don’t leave it unsupervised or let children play with it.
THIS HAS BEEN OUR YULE LOG PAST
To make one of these you will need the following:
- A log about 14 – 18” long
- Dried berries, such as cranberries
- Cuttings of mistletoe, holly, pine needles, and ivy
- Feathers and cinnamon sticks
- Some festive ribbon – use paper or cloth ribbon, not the synthetic or wire-lined type
- A hot glue gun
- Three Candles